If you have car insurance, you may find that your rates fluctuate from year to year. Insurance companies will use your driving profile to evaluate your level of risk to them, which means it’s important to make sure you’re in the right category. While there are many factors that may influence this, such as your driving record, the most important one is your liability history. The lower the chances of you filing a claim, the lower your insurance premiums will be.
Being Labeled High-Risk
If you’re labeled a “high-risk” driver, your rates will almost certainly be higher than other drivers. The more likely you are to have to pay for damaged property and medical expenses, the more expensive your insurance will be. Drivers like this need High Risk Auto Insurance.
You can be labeled as a high-risk driver if you have any of the following:
- Lapse in insurance coverage, meaning your insurance was inactive for a period of time
- Several traffic violations resulted in tickets and accidents.
- Bad credit.
- Driving under the influence charge.
- Driving high-risk vehicles like sports cars.
- Are a new driver.
- Residence in a high-risk area.
- Multiple previous claims.
At the same time, there are factors that play into your risk as a driver that you can’t exactly help:
- Sex because men pay more money than women.
- Age since younger drivers is high risk.
- Married couples pay less than divorced couples.
You can personally manage your risk, however, by practicing safe driving to help your driving record look better for the insurers. This isn’t something that is done overnight. It can take some time to prove you’re low-risk to insurance providers, especially with a history of accidents and violations. But, there’s hope for everyone with defensive driving classes, which insurance companies are known to smile on.
If you’re looking for cheap car insurance coverage, Insurance Navy can help. Give us a call at 888-949-6289 for a free auto insurance quote. Quotes are also available via our website and mobile app. Get your car insured today and drive worry-free tomorrow.