Information Collection and Use
For a better experience, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. Moreover, the information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
Insurance Navy gathers information from you, your transactions with us, and outside sources.
- We use your information only to conduct our business and provide insurance to you.
- We will share your information with your selected agent or broker.
- However, we will not share your information with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- We limit access to your information and use safeguards to help protect it.
- You may review and correct your information.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you to quote and service your insurance policy.
- Application Information: You provide this on your application, through your agent or broker, by phone, or online. We may also obtain it from directories and other outside sources. It includes your name, street and e-mail addresses, phone number, driver’s license number, Social Security number, date of birth, gender, marital status, type of vehicle, and information about other drivers.
- Consumer Report Information: We obtain this from consumer reporting agencies. It includes your driving record, claims history with other insurers, and credit report information. The information is kept by the consumer reporting agencies and disclosed by them to others as permitted by law.
- Transaction Information: This is information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others. It includes your insurance coverages, limits and rates, and payment and claims history. It also includes information that we require for billing and payment.
- Web site information: This information is unique to Internet transactions. It includes the Web site that linked you to ours, your computer operating system, and the pages you viewed on our site. Some Web sites, including ours, may also store “cookies” on your computer. Cookies collect technical data, like your Internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, and session ID. They can also save certain information entered by you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our website, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and our website more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access InsuranceNavy.com, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the service and we use different types of cookies to run InsuranceNavy.com:
Essential Cookies: Insurance Navy may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of InsuranceNavy.com, deliver advertisements on and through the website, and so on.
What Are Your Choices Regarding Cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals for various reasons: For instance, to:
- Facilitate our website use;
- Provide the insurance services on our behalf;
- Perform insurance-related services
- Assist us in analyzing how our website is used.
We want to inform our website users that these third parties have access to your personal information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us with your personal information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our website does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do the necessary actions.
Basic Business Insurance Coverage
Most business insurance coverages are optional. However, having at least a basic business insurance policy is greatly helpful. This goes for every business owner, no matter the size of the company.
Owners of a Limited Liability Company (LLC) or corporation should have business insurance. For instance, an LLC keeps an owner’s personal assets separate from the company. However, the business still needs its own insurance policy.
The most basic form of insurance a business should have is general liability.
This is known in the industry as business liability insurance. It protects against claims from normal business operations.
Insured perils include:
- Property damage: This protects from claims that result from damaging a third party’s property.
- Physical injury: If a customer is injured on company property or as a result of a service. Physical injury coverage will pay for medical expenses that result from the event. Including whoever is liable for the accident.
- Legal costs: This pays for legal representation. For instance, lawsuits resulting from an insured peril.
- Personal and advertising injury: If someone sues for libel and slander, then personal and advertising injury pays for the damages, up to the policy limits.
SMS Texts Terms & Conditions
By submitting your phone number in a web form, you consent to receive one or more automated texts at the phone number from which you texted or at the phone number you entered in the form.
Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time and content of your messages, as well as other information that you provide. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
By subscribing, you consent to receive text messages from Insurance Navy. By subscribing or using the service, you acknowledge and agree that we will have the right to change and/or terminate the service at any time, with or without cause and/or advance notice.
To cancel your SMS subscriptions, reply STOP to any text message you receive. You may receive a subsequent message confirming your opt-out request. For additional help, reply HELP to any text message you receive.
Message and Data Rates May Apply. United States Participating Carriers Include AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, MetroPC, Cricket, Virgin Mobile and others.
Push Notification Terms and Conditions
We may send push notifications or alerts to your desktop or mobile device. The information that we may collect is first name, last name, e-mail address and other contact information.
We will also send you notifications related to some important updates of our Services. The purpose of sending you such e-mails or messages is to keep you informed of the latest improvements, features and other developments.
You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your device settings. You may opt-out of receiving these types of communications by turning off push notifications. If you wish not to receive such notification you have an option to ‘unsubscribe’ anytime.
Additionally, we can help you find an insurance quote right on our website. Because we want to help you save money wherever possible, we offer our insurance quotes completely free of charge. By navigating our website, you can also inform yourself about many useful topics, such as the time limit required for you to notify the insurance company about a crash, how to file a police report, and situations in which your coverage will pay for repair costs for your vehicle