Why Get A Quote With Us?
Insurance Navy partners with a variety of companies to deliver you the best insurance quotes, affordable rates, discounts, and more! Because we want to help you save money wherever possible, we offer insurance quotes for free.
Moreover, when you get a quote with us, you are guaranteed to see policies and prices that match your budget. Our dedicated team of agents offers detailed analysis, and will help you find a policy no matter what your situation is. We will find the most affordable insurance quotes for you.
You need to have the following liability limits under Illinois law of at least:
- $25,000 for injury or death of one person in any accident.
- $50,000 for injury or death of two or more people in any accident, subject to the $25,000 per person limit.
- $20,000 for injury to or damage of property of others in an accident.
This coverage often appears written as 25/50/20 or 25,000/50,000/20,000.
You need to have proof of insurance at an accident or traffic stop under Illinois law.
To ensure drivers meet these conditions, Illinois will send out a random questionnaire. If selected, you receive a form. This form will ask for your insurance provider’s name and your policy number. Your insurance company will check your answers. If you do not have insurance or fail to return the form, your license plates will receive a suspension.
The state of Illinois can target people who have:
- Been suspended for no insurance during the prior four years.
- Been suspended for driving uninsured or having a fake insurance card during the prior four years.
- Lost their license due to suspension during the prior four years.
If you do not keep insurance, it can lead to the suspension of your license plate and the following:
- Minimum $500 fine for driving uninsured.
- Minimum $1,000 fine for driving a car while the license plates are suspended.
If you are selected and fail to provide proof of insurance:
- First Offense: You must pay a $100 fee when you obtain proof of insurance.
- Repeat Offenders: You have to serve a four month suspension, the $100 fee and provide proof of insurance.
Your insurance provider will issue an SR-22 and it is proof of Financial Responsibility. After that, this form will be sent to the Secretary of State. This will provide proof that you have insurance. Most importantly, once you have proof of liability coverage, you will be able to drive again.
The following may require a person to have an SR-22 if they:
- Received a court judgment relating to a crash.
- Are suspended due to an uninsured crash.
- Receive court supervision for an insurance violation.
- Have been convicted of 3 or more insurance violations.
Have more questions about affordable car insurance rates or getting a free car insurance quote online? Our agents and customer service team are here to help with your car insurance company needs.
Call us today at 888-949-6289 or visit your nearest Insurance Navy location. For your convenience, Insurance Navy is open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. CST, 7 days a week.
We also have a strong presence on social media, so like or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. After that, we can keep you updated on helpful news and tips regarding bodily injury claims, life insurance coverage options, auto insurance rates and much more.
Lastly, we also have blogs that may help you with any questions you have. For instance, our blogs cover many different topics. From how often you should shop for car insurance, to information on the Uber rewards program.