Insurance Navy will help you get cheap car insurance quotes! Our online car insurance quotes are a great way to check out what we offer.
So, to get your free online quote, find the form above. Select a plan and enter your zip code. Once you enter your information, there will be a list of quotes.
Moreover, here you are able to see our prices and plans and how we will work with you. We offer dedicated and detailed analysis from our team, no matter what your situation is. We want you to find cheap car insurance quotes that are right for you.
You have to have the following liability limits under illinois law of at least:
- $25,000 for injury or death of one person in any accident
- $50,000 for injury or death of two or more people in any accident, subject to the $25,000 per person limit
- $20,000 for injury to or damage of property of others in an accident
This coverage often appears written as 25/50/20 or 25,000/50,000/20,000.
Proof Of Financial Responsibility & Penalties
You have to have proof of insurance at an accident or traffic stop under Illinois law.
To ensure drivers meet these conditions, Illinois will send out a random questionnaire. If selected, you receive a form. This form will ask for your insurance providers name and your policy number. Your insurance company will check your answers. If you do not have insurance or fail to return the form, your license plates will receive a suspension.
The state of Illinois can target people who where:
- Suspended for no insurance during the prior four years
- Suspended for driving uninsured or having a fake insurance card during the prior four years
- Lost their licence due to suspension during the prior four years
Penalty for Failure to Comply with Financial Responsibility Requirements:
If you do not keep insurance, it can lead to the suspension of your license plate and the following:
- Minimum $500 fine for driving uninsured
- Minimum $1,000 fine for driving a car while the license plates are suspended
If you are selected and fail to provide proof of insurance:
- First Offense: You must pay a $100 fee when you get proof of insurance
- Repeat Offenders: You have to serve a four month suspension, the $100 fee and provide proof of insurance
Certificate of Financial Responsibility (SR-22):
Your insurance provider will issue an SR-22 and it is proof of Financial Responsibility. After that, this form will be sent to the Secretary of State. This will provide proof that you have insurance. Most importantly, once you have proof of liability coverage, you will be able to drive again.
The following may require a person to have an SR-22 if they:
- Received a court judgment relating to a crash
- Are suspended due to an uninsured crash
- Receive court supervision for an insurance violation
- Have been convicted of 3 or more insurance violation
Lastly, do you have anymore questions on how to get cheap car insurance quotes? Our agents and customer service team are here to help. Call us today at 1-888-949-6289 or visit your nearest Insurance Navy location. Our offices open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. CST, 7 days a week.
Insurance Navy also has a strong presence on social media. Give us a like or follow on our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube page. We’ll keep you up to date on various insurance topics and local news.
We also have blogs that may help you with any additional inquiries you have.