Wondering how much is insurance on a Lamborghini? The short answer is a lot. Car insurance for a car like a Lamborghini can cost up to three times the average cost of car insurance coverage. A standard car insurance policy for a Lamborghini can be anywhere from $830 to $2,500 monthly car insurance premiums.
That comes out to annual car insurance rates of up to $30,000. $10,000 in a year is the least you can be paying for Lamborghini car insurance. At the same time, finding and getting car insurance for a Lambo can be a challenge in itself.
Not every car insurance provider is eager to insure a car that can go from a standstill to 60 mph in a couple of seconds. Consider this post your tell-all guide to car insurance and Lamborghinis.
What Are The Lamborghini Models That Are Commonly Insured and What Are The Insurance Costs on Average?
Lamborgini models are luxury, high-end cars with expensive parts and maintenance costs. There isn’t one model that costs under $200,000. In fact, that’s often just the starting price, not accounting for any specific features.
Here are Lamborghini models that are most commonly insured and how much is the price to insure them on average:
- Urus - Lamborghini’s sports utility vehicle, or rather super sports utility vehicle, with a 4.0-liter V8 engine that reaches 62 mph in less than four seconds, Lamborghini Urus has a starting price of around $200,000 from manufacturers.
- Huracan EVO - Lamborghini’s classic convertible coupe is able to go a little faster than the Urus, thanks to its V10 engine. The Lamborghini Huracan EVO starts at around $242,000 but barely sells for that amount.
- Aventador - Here is another one of Lamborghini’s iconic cars, their coupe roadster with a V12 engine that accelerates in less than three seconds to 60 mph. The Lamborghini Aventador often sells for over $400,000, the highest of all the Lamborghinis.
Why is Lamborghini so Expensive to Insure?
As you’ve just read, Lamborghinis are some of the most expensive cars on the market. This isn’t because of its capabilities or looks, but rather the parts that they are made of. Lamborghini parts and maintenance are really pricey on average.
If a Lambo were damaged in an accident, or collision then normal car insurance coverage usually isn’t enough to cover damages on a supercar. At the same time, there are only a handful of certified mechanics allowed to work on Lamborghinis.
A lot of the time, Lamborghini owners have to purchase more car insurance to make up for it. Being responsible for Lambo repairs is way easier said than done. Again, you can be paying anywhere from $10,000 to $30,000 annually for car insurance if you have a Lamborghini.
What You Should Know About Lambo and Supercar Auto Insurance
Lamborghini is a supercar maker, but it’s not the only one. Cars with expensive parts, high-end performance and aesthetics, and certified mechanics that cost more to insure, such as a Lamborghini, or a Porsche, are known as supercars.
Other supercar makers include Ferrari, Aston Martin, Chevrolet, and McLaren. How exotic the cars are also coming into play when determining supercar car insurance premiums and rates. International makers like Ferrari tend to carry much higher auto insurance rates. As an Italian automaker company, Lamborghini carries exotic car level insurance premiums.
How Is The Cost Of Lamborghini Insurance Determined?
Aside from factors about the car, the cost of car insurance, in any case, is dependent on how much auto insurance coverage you want. For a Lamborghini car, you’re going to need a considerable amount of car insurance coverage.
Standard car insurance may not be enough to insure your Lamborghini car fully. Because of this, many drivers opt for an umbrella policy or GAP insurance. Umbrella coverage increases your coverage amount over certain valuable assets; in this case, it’s your Lamborghini.
GAP insurance can help protect you and your Lamborghini or supercar from any lapses in car insurance coverage you may experience. Of course, at the core of your car insurance is your liability insurance.
For Lamborghinis, you should carry the following in liability coverage:
- Bodily injury per person - Lamborghini drivers typically get $100,000 in coverage for any injuries they cause to another vehicle driver in an auto accident or collision.
- Bodily injury per accident - Lamborghini drivers typically get $300,000 in coverage for medical treatments of anyone else they injure in a car accident or collision.
- Property damage - Lamborghini drivers get $50,000 in coverage on average for any property, cars, or vehicles they damage in a car accident pr collision they are at fault for.
Is Full Car Insurance Necessary For a Lamborghini?
Of course, liability insurance is mandatory for car drivers in most states. The practice of paying for damage and injuries you cause to others while driving your vehicle is a legal necessity. If someone were to damage your Lamborghini or supercar, their auto insurance would have to cover the costs. But not everyone considers hitting a supercar when they purchase their car insurance.
Meaning their car insurance may not cover your supercar repairing costs fully. For reasons like this and more, getting full car insurance for your Lamborghini is usually in your best interest. Comprehensive and collision insurance can help with repairs to your Lambo or supercar after a car accident or collision on the road or while it’s parked.
Here’s why it’s so important to carry these coverages on a Lamborghini or supercars:
- Collision insurance - In an at-fault car accident, you’ll be on the line for your own auto repairs unless you carry collision insurance. While you’ll have to get considerable coverage limits for it, the extra car insurance premium can be worth it if you cause a car accident or collision.
- Comprehensive car insurance - Everyone knows a Lamborgini when they see one, and they know how valuable they are. Because of this, you’ll want to make sure your Lambo is kept in a safe place and has some security measures in place. Comprehensive auto insurance coverage can help cover costs if your supercar is stolen or vandalized while parked. When it comes to owning a supercar, comprehensive car insurance coverage seems like a no-brainer.
- Uninsured motorist coverage - This kind of car insurance may be required depending on what state you live in. It will insure you against any driver that hits you that doesn’t carry vehicle insurance. This can also help cover any expenses that their own car insurance won’t cover, which will more than likely be used if you own a Lamborghini or a supercar.
- Umbrella insurance - As previously mentioned, umbrella insurance extends coverage to certain valuable items. A Lamborghini would be the ideal item to take out an umbrella policy on should your own or an at-fault driver’s auto insurance doesn’t fully cover the cost of damages.
- GAP Insurance - Many opt for a lease for Lamborghinis as it is a cheaper option of ownership. GAP insurance helps cover any remaining payments on the supercar lease should it become totaled in a car accident.
- Collectible car insurance - It has been reported that you can save up to 40% on your annual car insurance premiums if you get collectible car insurance for your Lamborghini. This type of car insurance takes the car’s appreciation in value as such cars are subject to. The auto coverage limits will increase accordingly.
Are There Ways to Save on Lamborghinis Car Insurance?
The good news is that ways to earn discounts with car insurance aren’t exclusive.
Any driver of any car can do the following to reduce their annual auto insurance premiums:
- Safe driver discount - As a Lamborghini driver, your auto insurance rates are already high because of the associated risk of owning such a powerful supercar. You can always prove to the car insurance company you are a reliable driver by maintaining a clean driving record and avoiding violations and claims.
- Anti-theft discounts - Another associated risk of a Lamborghini is how likely it is to be stolen. That is why auto insurance companies may cut you a discount for something like keeping in a garage. Having anti-theft devices can also help a little, but these discounts only reach a maximum of 10%.
- Defensive driving discount - This can help, especially if you are a new Lamborghini driver, as taking a driving course in it can help you understand and get a better feel for the car’s capabilities. It can also earn you a discount on your car insurance policy because you are taking steps to be a safer driver. Defensive driving courses improve driving skills as well.
- Set a higher car insurance deductible - Car insurance deductibles are inverse to your auto insurance premium. The more car insurance deductible you pay before an auto insurance claim, then the lower your car insurance annual premium rates will be. Setting your auto insurance deductible higher can help reduce what you pay for car insurance -just do a car insurance review and be sure that you can afford it if you need to file a car insurance claim.
Where Can You Find Lamborghini Insurance for a good price?
The best way to shop for car insurance for your Lamborghini is online because only certain car insurance companies offer auto insurance coverage for supercars. Once you find some car insurance companies that do, it’s all a matter of receiving and comparing car insurance quotes.
Sometimes the car insurance company that is offering you the best deal isn’t offering the best service so remember to do some digging on potential car insurance companies. But at the end of the day, be prepared to pay a considerable amount for your Lamborghini car insurance.
Shopping for auto insurance for your Lamborghini? You’re in the right place, Insurance Navy can help you out!
The last thing you want to do is overlook auto insurance. Contact Insurance Navy today to get started with your free quote and see how affordable car insurance coverage can really be. Call 888-949-6289 or apply for a quote online.