Vehicle Permits


Mexico Vehicle Permits

A vehicle permit fee is $44 and must be paid with a credit card. If you do not have a credit card, there is a bond and a processing fee. Permits must be kept on the windshield during your stay when you bring your vehicle into Mexico, but can be removed after leaving Mexico.

You will need the following documents to obtain the permits for your motorized commercial vehicle:

  • Proof of car ownership
  • Proof of registration
  • An affidavit from any lien holders
  • A valid driver’s license
  • Proof of citizenship

Have more questions about Mexican auto insurance or temporary import permits? Our agents and customer service team are here to help with your motorized vehicle needs. Call us today at 1-888-949-6289 or visit your nearest Insurance Navy location. For your convenience, Insurance Navy is open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. CST, 7 days a week.

We also have a strong presence on social media. So, like or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. After that, we can keep you updated on how to obtain a tourist card, entry requirements when entering Mexico, and much more.

Lastly, we also have blogs that may help you with any questions you have. For instance, our blogs cover many different topics. From how often you should shop for car insurance, to information on the Uber rewards program.