Property Damage Claims


The state of Illinois requires your insurance to include property damage. This covers the cost of repairs for the other driver’s vehicle if you are found at fault. However, this does not cover repair costs for your own vehicle. Keep reading to learn about car accident property damage policies. Additionally, you’ll learn about property damage claims.

How much do I need to have?

As of 2015, Under Illinois law, vehicle liability insurance must have the following minimum amounts:

  • $25,000 injury or death of one person in an accident
  • $50,000 injury or death of more than one person in an accident
  • $20,000 damages to property of another person

Drivers found at fault can be held responsible for the property damages that exceed the limit on their policy. This is because Illinois is a fault state. You may buy additional car accident property damage coverage on your policy so you can protect yourself from a scenario like this. You can get a license suspension, fines and even jail time if you do not have the minimum coverage required by the state.

Need to know more about car accident property damage or property damage claims? Our team is here to help. Call us today at 1-888-949-6289 or visit one of our many locations. Our offices are open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. CST, 7 days a week

*Please review your own policy carefully for details on property damage coverage. Property damage coverage varies by insurance company.