What Is Bodily Injury Insurance?
For drivers in Illinois, bodily injury insurance coverage pays for injuries you cause to another driver if you are at-fault in a car accident. However, bodily injury does not cover the medical costs of injuries you may get in the accident. Keep reading to learn more about Illinois bodily injury insurance and insurance liability limits. That way, you can be ready in the case of an accident.
The types of expenses a third-party can file against your policy include:
- Medical expenses: Bodily injury insurance covers the costs for the other party’s hospitalization and any medical care bills related to the accident.
- Lost Wages: If someone receives an injury and is unable to work because of the injuries sustained. Your coverage will cover their lost income.
- Legal Fees: If the other party decides to sue you for an accident that you are the cause of, this coverage may help cover legal fees.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering may also receive coverage under bodily injury. That is, if the other party has lasting pain or emotional stress from sustaining injuries.
- Funeral costs: If there are fatalities involved in a collision. Bodily injury insurance also pays for funeral costs.
In Illinois, the minimum bodily injury liability requirements are $25,000 per person. Also $50,000 for more than one person.
You can find your bodily injury coverage in a three number format like “25/50/20”. The first two numbers are the bodily injury coverage limits. The first number is the amount covered for one person in the accident. The second number is the amount covered per accident.
In a combined single limit policy (CSL), the policy limit applies to both injury and property damage expenses. This happens in the event of any one accident.
Do you need more information about the minimum limit your state requires for bodily injury liability coverage, underinsured motorist coverage, or the limits required for proper property damage liability insurance? Our team is here to help with your car insurance peace-of-mind needs. Call us today at 888-949-6289 or visit one of our many Illinois offices. For your convenience, Insurance Navy opens from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. CST, 7 days a week.
Additionally, we can help you find an auto insurance quote right on our website. Because we want to help you save money wherever possible, we offer our insurance quotes completely free of charge. By navigating our website, you can also inform yourself about many useful topics, such as coverage for repairing or replacing parts for your car after a crash, how to obtain proper bodily injury liability insurance, and why you should never admit fault immediately following a car crash.
We also have a strong presence on social media. So, give us a like or follow on our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube page. After that, we can keep you updated on various insurance topics and local news.
Lastly, we also have blogs that may help you with any questions you have. In other words, our blogs cover many different topics. From how to keep your car cool in the summer, to proper steps to take after Godzilla damages your car.