Firstly, bodily injury liability insurance pays for injuries you cause to another driver if you are at-fault in the accident. However, bodily injury does not cover the medical costs of injuries you may get in the accident. Keep reading to learn more about Illinois bodily injury insurance and insurance liability limits.
The types of expenses a third-party can file against your policy include:
- Medical expenses. Bodily injury insurance covers bills for the other party’s hospitalization and any medical care related to the accident.
- Lost Wages: If someone receives an injury and is unable to work because of the injuries sustained, your coverage will cover their lost income.
- Legal Fees. If the other party decides to sue you for an accident that you are the cause of, this coverage may also help cover legal fees.
- Pain and suffering. Pain and suffering may also receive coverage under bodily injury if the other party has lasting pain or emotional stress from sustaining injuries.
- Funeral costs. If there are fatalities involved in a collision, bodily injury insurance also pays for funeral costs.
In Illinois, the minimum bodily injury liability requirements are $25,000 per person and $50,000 for more than one person.
You can find your bodily injury coverage in a three number format like “25/50/20”. The first two numbers are the bodily injury coverage limits. The first number is the amount covered for one person in the accident. The second number is the amount covered per accident.
In a combined single limit policy (CSL), the policy limit applies to both bodily injury and property damage expenses accumulated for any one accident.
For additional information regarding Property Damage in the state of Illinois, please visit the Cyber Drive Illinois Mandatory Insurance Vehicle Service Page.
Do you need more information about Illinois bodily injury insurance, insurance liability limits, or need to file a claim. Our team is here to help. Call us today at 1-888-949-6289 or visit one of our many Illinois offices. For your convenience, Insurance Navy opens from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. CST, 7 days a week.
We also have a strong presence on social media. So, give us a like or follow on our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube page. After that, we can keep you updated on various insurance topics and local news.
Lastly, we also have blogs that may help you with any questions you have. In other words, our blogs cover many different topics. From how to keep your car cool in the summer, to proper steps to take after Godzilla damages your car.
*Please review your own policy carefully for details on Illinois bodily injury insurance coverage. Bodily injury coverage varies by insurance company.